Although this is from Shaw’s web site, it applies in general to all types of first quality laminate floors. These start at about $2.29 Sq.Ft. retail.
As an aside, in flooring, price does determine quality. If you pay a small amount the manufacturer cannot afford to supply a quality product. Remember that in flooring there really are no manufacturer’s discounts.
Pay a fair amount and your floors will last longer.
And now, back to construction.
Beautiful and Innovative Laminate Flooring
Laminate flooring offers a wide selection of designs that offer the look and feel of beautiful hardwood, ceramic tile, and slate. Laminate is a composite designed to endure more-than-average wear and tear. A direct-pressure manufacturing process fuses four layers into one extremely hard surface.
Laminate is constructed of four layers:
- The back is reinforced with melamine for structural stability and moisture resistance
- OptiCore – Shaw’s laminate coreboard that’s strong, stable, and moisture-resistant.
- Providing the floor’s beauty, the decorative layer is actually a highly detailed photograph that gives the laminate the appearance of wood or tile . The more you spend, the more varied and random the pattern for a more natural look.
- Melamine wear top layer is a tough, clear finish reinforced with aluminum oxide, one of the hardest mineral compounds known to man, to resist staining, fading, surface moisture, and wear
The resulting floor is a technological breakthrough. There’s no staining, no fading, and no wear through.
Other noteworthy features:
- Shaw Laminate flooring is incredibly durable and stain resistant. Such problem spills as nail polish, grease, and mustard simply wipe off.
- Patented tongue-and-groove locking technology eliminates unsightly gaps at the seams.