In order to make the best carpet choice for your facility’s specific needs, you need to arm yourself with the right information.
The first step is to clearly define the type of facility and specific requirements you have. Some things to consider include the following:
- Type of facility and specific area receiving new carpet.
- How long the carpet will be used (lifecycle).
- Level of foot traffic in your workplace.
- Types and amount of dirt that may be tracked into the facility.
- Whether the area is a remodeled or a new installation.
- Whether access to the subfloor is required as in a computer room.
- Whether there is modular furniture in the space. In which case carpet tiles may be a better choice.
Oh and by the way; the answer to these questions is not, “The cheapest you have, it’s just an office.” This is the first thing your clients see when they enter. It needs to be attractive and cleanable. A pad would be nice for sound absorption. How about a pattern that shows you have style? These are not expensive, but they will add a little to the price, but will also add to the ability to keep your floor clean, and also the carpet will last much longer. But besides that…
When in doubt call your flooring contractor. Our job is to guide you to the best and most economical floor for your facility.